Our Commitment to Privacy
LBMX respects that you care how information about you is used and shared. Our commitment is to safeguarding your right to privacy. This commitment includes controls on the protection and use of personal information within our organization, its systems and the websites listed in this policy (“Websites”), as well as programs to educate employees to respect your privacy at all times.
What This Policy Describes
What This Policy Covers
- What is personal information? Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. Publicly available information–such as a public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number, email or other electronic address–is not considered to be personal information.
Why We Collect Personal Information
At LBMX, we strive to gather information only as necessary to conduct business, for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain responsible commercial relations with you and provide you with ongoing service.
- to understand your needs and/or qualify you for products & services.
- to recommend particular products & services to meet your needs.
- to develop, enhance, market or provide products and services.
- to manage and develop LBMX’s business and operations, including personnel and employment matters.
- to respond to your request for further information or follow-up contact.
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
Using Personal Information
We will identify the purposes for which the personal information is collected at or before the time that the personal information is gathered from you. Your personal information will not be used for any other purpose without your consent.Gathering Personal InformationThere are several ways that LBMX may gather personal information:
- Information you give us: At LBMX’s request or on your own, you may complete a form (electronic or other formats) that includes personal information. Examples of these forms include a registration form for an event, a feedback survey or a subscription to an electronic newsletter. Please note that electronic forms may not be encrypted.
- Sample automatic information includes: The Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login information, email addresses, passwords, computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system and platform, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through, and from one of our web sites, including date and time, or cookie number.
- Email: For some requests from you or from direct or indirect communications from LBMX, we contact you through email. To ensure that we are providing appropriate service, we sometimes receive confirmation when you open an email.
- Information from other sources: In your interactions with other service providers and websites, you may authorize third parties to collect your personal information and share it with LBMX. In these situations, we update our records to improve our communications with you.
What Are Cookies and How are They Used?
Sharing Information to Meet Your Needs
While our general policy is not to provide personal information to any party outside LBMX, there are certain limited circumstances, outlined below, in which it is necessary to do so. When we do provide personal information to third parties, we provide only that information that is required in the circumstances. Information provided to third parties is used only for the purpose stipulated and is subject to strict terms of confidentiality. Employees of these third party companies to whom we may provide information must adhere to our privacy standards. Third parties include:
- An agent acting on behalf of LBMX to perform services, such as a company hired to perform installation or maintenance on our behalf.
- Another network service or logistics solution provider to offer to you efficient and effective logistics products and network services.
- A collection agency, for the express purpose of the collection of any of your past due bills.
- Law enforcement agencies, in emergencies, for internal security matters, or where required by court order or search warrant.
- Emergency services, in emergency situations.
Our Commitment to Privacy
We take all of the necessary precautions to ensure the safeguarding of your information, whether it is stored electronically or in paper format. In all cases, information is retained in secure facilities, protected from unauthorized access and kept only as long as is reasonably required. For example, our electronic files are backed up for redundancy, password protected and accessible only by authorized employees, on a need-to-know basis. Personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the above-specified purposes.You access some content via passwords and logins. To ensure that these areas and your personal information used in these areas remain secure, it is important that you protect yourself against other parties accessing your password and your computer. We encourage you to log off each time you complete a secure session and each time that you complete a session on a shared computer.
Can I Access my Personal or Account Information?
Upon request by you, LBMX will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your personal information and will give you access to that information. You may challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and to have it amended as appropriate.
If you have questions or concerns about your privacy, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org