LBMX is growing again . . .
We are seeking a Data Engineer.
LBMX is a dynamic and growing software solutions company with an international perspective, located in London, Ontario. LBMX is the leading business marketplace provider for Buying Groups and Purchasing Co-operatives. With a flourishing customer base throughout North America, the United Kingdom and as far away as New Zealand and Australia, we are sure to offer a breadth of experience that provides the successful candidate with endless opportunities to expand their abilities.
As we continue our growth trajectory, we are seeking a dynamic, passionate, and driven individual to join our team as a Data Engineer.
If you are an experienced candidate looking for an exciting future and you’re someone who is passionate about life, takes ownership of their role, isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and thrives being part of a team then we invite you to apply.
Come and help us make LBMX a better company and an even better place to work!
We are looking for a full time Data Engineer to work primarily with our Product and Development teams to design, build, test, implement and maintain databases, repositories, and ETL pipelines to make data available for analytical solutions.
The successful candidate will have strong communication skills (both written and verbal), and organizational skills. Knowledge of SQL Server, ETL, scripting, and data models is preferred.
- Build and maintain Data Warehouses to suit the loading of new data requirements.
- Gather and analyze business requirements to transform and load correct high-quality data.
- Design, implement, and maintain data pipelines using ETL processes.
- Performance tuning of existing ETLs.
- Ensure that the ETL architecture is scalable and maintainable.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Work closely with analytics and AI team members to acquire and prepare datasets for descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics.
- Assist the analytics team with development of BI reports, dashboards, portals, and machine learning models.
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for BI and ETL development.
- Deployment of new releases / changes to Test and Production systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of SQL Server (SSMS, SSRS, and SSIS)
- Familiar with Data Warehouses and ETL processes.
- Fundamental understanding of database systems (relational/NoSQL)
- Familiar with Python.
- Passionate about the use of business intelligence and machine learning to provide outstanding user experience.
- Strong knowledge of analyzing as well as designing ETLs and data models that meet reporting needs.
- Strives for continuous improvement.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or related field.
- 3+ years experience in a database administration, ETL developer, or Business Intelligence Analyst role; OR a combination of relevant work experience and certifications.
The Perks of Working with us!
- Competitive salary and benefits including a health spending account and employee assistance program
- Company matched GRSP contributions
- Education subsidies for job related courses
- Maternity/Parental and Compassionate Care Leave Top Up Program
- Flexible work from home/remote option
- Quarterly company wide outings (golf, baseball games, laser tag, tail gating, etc.)
- Birthdays celebrated every month with catered meals
- A healthy work/life balance
- Flexible Summer Hours
How to Apply:
E-mail a resume and cover letter to: careers@LBMX.com
The subject line of your e-mail must read “Job Application – Data Engineer”
About LBMX Inc.
At LBMX, we care about shared prosperity and believe in the power of independent businesses and their buying groups to create sustained economic growth. This belief comes from two decades of providing the world’s only group focused technology and advisory services to help buying groups, purchasing cooperatives and their independent businesses flourish.
We are a leading business marketplace experience provider that helps independent businesses, their buying groups and suppliers buy better and sell more. Our premier solution has transformed billing and ordering, rebate programs management, real-time analytics, e-commerce and product information management across building materials, sporting goods, industrial manufacturing, food equipment, grocery and agricultural industries.
LBMX is a global company with headquarters in London, Ontario and presence across Canada, United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand.
LBMX is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. LBMX is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require any accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We'd love to hear from you.
Know someone who would be a perfect fit?
Let them know.